View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #83
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX
these are track days HPDE style, drivers education type things, not true racing....yet .

my brakes are Brembo Blank rotors, SS lines, 300zx 30mm Alum. calipers, Super Blue bake fluid, and Hawk HP+ Pads. Never had brake fade before, the pads are made for track events, very agressive when hot and the super blue fluid has a rediculou high boiling point. Tires are falken Azenis in the 3rd and 5th photos others are Hoosier S04's on RX-7 FD wheels in the others. The brakes were more than enough for the Azneis, btu with the hoosiers in the future i will need to go with something a bit more agressive like a 13-14" rotor and 4 pot calipers up front....or 13" rotor with 6 pot calipers up front.

With a 14" rotor you may need an 18" wheel. With the 13" rotor, you will need a 17" usually. Ive seen one guy run 94Cobra brakes (13" rotor) under a 16" CCW classic wheel. But that wheel has a wierd drop center and unique offset that just barely clears the brakes. I run the EVO/STI set up and run a 17" wheel. I haven't experienced any brake fade at all (although all my friends get fade with q45/300zx brakes) with only azenis.

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote