View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #39
NismoS13Chuki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
NismoS13Chuki is on the path to ruinNismoS13Chuki is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy107 View Post
It hurts me to see a parts importer cut a good car in half from japan and ships it here back in the U.S. But business is business. People want parts and they supply the demand. I knew at one point when people take these cars for granted thinking there will be an endless supply of parts for years to come. These cars were built in the 80's and 90's and most are nearing 20 years old. There is a limit to everything. Manufactures these days aren't really churning out high performance cars like they did back back then to make up for the same amount that are sold now. Name all your favorite cars and most likely they were built in the mid to early 90's. A LOT are discontinued for good. I get bashed on a lot for building a clean car and putting a ton of money restoring a Aspen White 98 s14 kouki that was T-boned/thrown in a ditch, plus hailed on. The car was real cheap but I didn't have the conscious turn her into a drift slut and let her rot in a scrap yard then after. That car is rare and completely rust free, one owner from Texas. I appreciated the fact that I owned a well sought after car that most people would not even have a chance to park in their garage. Well you could have one for more money. Money that not a lot of people have.
I have a 98 kouki with a rebuilt title. and i bought the car for the exact reason that only just over 1300 were made for the US market. my front clip is a little sketchy, so i would definitely love to get it straightened out. which is why im asking for a new front clip. i could just ditch the entire shell and throw the front on a zenki but i rather have a true 98.
NismoS13Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote