View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #40
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (37)
andy107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoS13Chuki View Post
I have a 98 kouki with a rebuilt title. and i bought the car for the exact reason that only just over 1300 were made for the US market. my front clip is a little sketchy, so i would definitely love to get it straightened out. which is why im asking for a new front clip. i could just ditch the entire shell and throw the front on a zenki but i rather have a true 98.
Nice yo. I had my car up at a frame shop and they pulled the passenger side quarter panel and inner frame rail out. The car came out great and drives straight. Next year I would like to throw the car up on the frame puller again to laser line check the front end of the car. When the last owner put the car into the ditch the front end was pushed up slightly. The crash bar took most of the impact after noticing how much it twisted. The hood shuts great and everything else lined up. But that's just me I'm a bit O.C.D. about the car. Someday I'll rite up a blog on my project as well as the painstaking journey I went to have it restored, but due to family situations and me starting school in the next few months has put the project on hold.

Don't mind me posting pics. Since I got chewed out for thread jacking. We are on the same subject line of "U.S. guys take a bit more care of their cars".

I should have taken a closer pic of the T-bone damage. The passenger door was replaced when I bought the car. The previous owner had the body shop do a cheap hack job fix on the door. They hammered in on the inner door skin near the door jam just to have the door shut. The door jam area was severely mangled I went ahead and spent a good chunk of money on a new used door from Florida and lucky me it was the same color as my car. Click on the link to see some of the before and after pics on Photobucket. If you guys like it I'll post it here on the forums.

98 240SX restoration pictures by andy_107 - Photobucket

Last edited by andy107; 07-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: added pic
andy107 is offline   Reply With Quote