View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #43
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx View Post
as I said, almost every track guy who's been out to autox's have found the experience to be very educational & enjoyed it a lot more than they thought they would.

give it a try, don't worry about classing - attend a practice if you want (more runs); or buy x-runs (i know at least LA region lets you - 3 additional runs w/o a work assignment); get an instructor to ride-along or drive your car (I find both very educational).

I do every kind of track/autox/rallyx event I can as often as I can - driving is fun. they're all different experiences & each have their own advantages & disadvantages - you can go on all day about autox vs hpde vs whatever.
Couldn't agree more QV- It shouldn't matter in the beginning what class your car falls into concerning Autox; What matters is just getting out there and having fun driving your 240!

Plus, the cost of just autox'ing for a saturday practice is relatively cheap: It's only $60-70 usually which will net you 12-14 runs (depending on # of cars and if the event runs smoothly w/o any hiccups). And, you can learn a lot about your car and yourself in those runs.

Anyways, QV and I are regulars in the SoCal Autox circuit so if you'd like to come check out an event KA24DESOneThree, you're more than welcomed to. Plus, we'd like to see more 240sxs out there representing the scene....

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

silsx13 is offline   Reply With Quote