View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 09:12 AM   #64
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGUZZI View Post
Yeah, the M Sports was the next best thing for me since I couldn't find a Stage 21 hood
Stage 21 was my favorite when I was last active in about 2019. I liked the look on the kouki S14. M Sports looks similar fa sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGUZZI View Post
Quality is great, but fitment is not very ideal, especially with their own fenders.

1. Huge, uneven gaps where the fender lines up with the hood.

2. The crown/arch of the hood is too "straight" and doesn't match the arch of the fenders.

I have spacers on the hinges just so the arch difference isn't so jarring at the front, but now the height difference at the rear of the hood is distinctly noticeable.

3. My valve cover is now rubbing against the drop vent. I have Xcessive engine mounts which may or may not have raised the engine, but it's a issue nonetheless
I'm surprised! That's wild about the fitment especially given that you have their fenders as well >___>

Makes me a little hesitant to get a CF vented hood for my ride. There is a fiberglass OE hood on the kouki S14 front and honestly the fitment is spot on. I just have risers on the hinges for the vibes.

I would love a TA style vented CF for reasons but Idk if I could handle fitment concern! :O