View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #1697
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Have you done the downhill hairpins at Pacific? Iirc I initiated in a similar fashion as most corners but waited a little longer to lay into the power. You still need to use the throttle to push yourself though the end of the corner.

Gravity will keep you sliding initially but you still need to follow through. Also, yes, mental as well. I found myself straying wide most of the time I messed up. Just look through the corner like riding a motorcycle and you should be fine.
Yea there's an s turn like that on one of the the east coast tracks (summit point, wv) where the second half of the s dips down fairly steep. During the event it took me a while to realize I didnt have to throttle into it to keep the slide going. I was keeping on throttle when I hit the dip and ended up spinning out, repeatedly.

Since I was in the middle of a transistion, the inertia and eventual pull of the downhill gravity gave me enough speed to slide through it without mashing the accelerator. But yea after you need to get on it to stay sideways.

stock ka btw
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote