Thread: Zenki's Unite
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #27072
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Mini update:

Fuck the HKS snap ring. Stupid whore. Took me a combined 3 hours to get this bitch in. Tip for those trying to install the SSQV on its flange:

1. Buy the HEAVY DUTY snap ring pliers from Autozone (Part# 25356). The regular duty ones will bend the tips from the force required to compress the ring.

2. set them to 45* position

3. Put the O-Ring in the flange

4. Remove the front Cover of the SSQV (4 2.5mm allen key bolts) Starting from 12 o clock, and going clock wise, its every other bolt. This gives you a TON of room to get the pliers in. Its pretty much impossible without doing so. I tried.

5. Slide the Snap ring around the BOV. Get a good angle on the pliers and squeeze it slowly, compressing the ring. If you have a good grip on the ring (it will take a few tries and a lot of cursing) you can move it into position with your fingers without the pliers coming off. Make sure the snap ring is on with the beveled edge facing up.

6. Take a flat head or pencil and poke the snap ring around its perimeter to ensure that it is seated properly. When it is in properly, the BOV should NOT move much unless you put some force in it. If it moves without much force, double check that you put the rubber o-ring in, and the snap ring is installed correctly.

In the pic i took off the fin insert, so i wont get that "typical SSQV ricer" sound. It will just be a nice PSSHHT sound :rockon All thats left is getting this Enthalpy tune and i can install this shit! KA-T ftw!
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote