View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Not really too much to update, been working on setting up my front suspension/steering and ran into some problems

Had to order some tie rod extensions, love URAS parts, i couldnt find anyone else who made these (quality ones at least). Their parts always come in cool boxes as well

Mated these to my TEIN outers...

then to my Kazama inners

Next were the Ikeya Formula offset tension rod collars to allow for more clearance of the wheels with the increased steering angle

However due to my wheels being higher offset the tension rod clearance is still what is limiting my steering angle. I may try running larger spacers (currently 15mm) then shortening the lower control arm which will get the wheel further away from the tension rods

Grabbed this Arai GP-2K helmet which is custom painted with the Keiichi Tsuchiya design (non-chrome)

To solve the front steering angle problem i ended up buying some new wheels, original plan was to just buy another pair of 03s but theyre not super common in the size i need and i need something to use in meantime. Plus i just always wanted a set of these 。゚(TヮT)゚。

Panasport G7 C5C2

The fronts are 8.5J and will give me more inner clearance than my 9J 03s do even with a large spacer. The rears are 9.5J +28 which is basically as aggressive as i can fit with my current suspension settings

I still plan to either find a pair or 03s that are 8.5j or change the inner barrels on mine (if i can find a reputable place that sells lips) so i can have both full sets