View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #47
LS240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
no...im not...look at the Z compared to the GTR and Silvia...its marketed tword people who want a "sports car" that isnt actually a balls out sports car...its geared tword the people who buy SC430s
No it's not. Not at all. Nissan stated that the 350Z was to be an inexpensive sports car, aimed at the Porsche Boxster's performance and handling, way back when it was still in development. You may think the that the 350Z is a "luxury sports car", but Nissan doesn't agree with you, nor do they market it as such. I could sit here and say all I want that the Mitsubishi Evo is marketed towards BMW 7 series/Mercedes S Class buyers, but that wouldn't make me right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPCWiz View Post
I hope the new silvia doesn't follow the "shark fin" styling of the new maxima. its fugly.
I thought those were really ugly too, but then I saw one in person and somehow the look just "works". Now I think they're quite handsome, just not in pictures lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sx-sweeet View Post
we might get it... might not! who knows, like they said its only a pipedream for now. HOWEVER if it does come here watch it NOT have a "real" transmission like the GT-R.... man i was so upset when i found out the GT-R only came "auto"... the shame
Bah, it's not really an "automatic". I can understand wanting a true manual too, as I absolutely love rowing gears myself, however; the twin clutch sequential tranny in the GT-R is quite simply faster than any manual tranny ever could be, period. And that was Nissan's purpose, to make the GT-R absolutely crushingly fast through the use of technology. And in more than one magazine review of the car, the reviewer cited the transmission as being the most astounding and impressive part of the entire car, more so than the engine, chassis, or even terrific ATTESA system. Like it or not, that gearbox is an integral part of the car's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Mazda Miata, BMW 1 Series, Genesis Coupe...
And the Evo, STi, Mazdaspeed 3, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
surprisingly...no one has mentioned this little gem made by renault in the early 2000s...

it was called the Renault Clio V6 Sport...it was a MR RWD engine setup...made 250ish HP...weighed in around 3000lbs...kicked ASS in WRC the years it ran...and handled like a fukin champ
Those are great cars indeed, but the V6 Sport Clio was never campaigned in rally racing seriously. And while they had tons of grip, they were quite infamous for being absolutely devilishly twitchy at the limit.

I forgot to quote the post, but Drift Freaq, the Renault 5 Turbos aren't, and never were, AWD, they were RWD.