View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Trader Rating: (0)
downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia_S13 View Post
g6civic, the nipple under the throttle body is PRE-INTAKE MANIFOLD which is perfect for a wastegate actuator. in fact its the one i use on my sr and have been using it for the past 3 years. you can use any vac source as well but the wastegate only requires positive pressure to operate, and the nipple under the throttle body is positive pressure only since its pre-intake manifold. nothing before the throttle body see's vaccume.

bov/fpr/charcoal canister use vac source. but u dont need a charcoal canister on sr20's anyway lol. so i used the big fat vac source above the throttle body for bov, skinny source above throttle body for fpr, then the small one under throttle body for wastegate.

i ran into ur same problem when doing my fmic, and this solution has worked fine for years. no xtra welding needed
This is true.

but...When using a manual boost controller or electric. You would want to tap in a line closest to the wastegate actuator (charge side). what this process does it bleed off air to lag your wastegate actuator to stay open allowing more boost.

The reason why you would want to tap a line closest to the actuator is because it regulates and monitors boost more accurately.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote