View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #11
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
There seems to be solid evidence for a push behind the #notwhitemale. Look up all the folks who sponsored the recent spat of abortion bills....and then look up how many of them have a clue on a woman's reproductive cycle. That and we are the only first world country who has NOT had a female in the white house.

I agree Future. However, the recent spat of bills is just one of many examples why I see a push to not have a white male

With that said, I really do like Pete. Young, charismatic, seems to have his footing and overall a well rounded human. Its nice to see someone so fluent in several languages, however still respects our Amendment rights. The two CAN exist with compromise vs what we have now on "My way or the higway!"

However, considering the bible thumpers, I cannot image the cog dissonance of most of the folks who are extreme 2nd Amendment right and anti-abortion followers to vote for a military vet, who is gay, who speaks several languages and still respects the 2nd amendment..........and oh snap, AND is a white male. I do agree with his stance; Fox News audience never had access to someone from the middle/left, so him appearing on Fox was a solid in my book.

That and he lacks the political baggage of just about every single Dem candidate.

My issue with the push against white males is the fact it is simply because they are white males. It is no different to me than people rallying for a woman simply because she is a woman. IMO both are equally as bad as it should be about policy and qualifications. I realize though not a lot of people feel that way. I know a lot of people who voted for Obama because he was black first and policy second.

I believe we push against bad policy vs look at the group identity of who is making the bad policy. Abortion is never going to be a solved issue. It will volley back and forth between the left and the right. Same with the 2a.

This article sums up my exactly feelings on Pete.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3682707002/