View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 04:12 AM   #33
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Today canton racing came threw with correct center bolt, an O-ring kit and a free catalog (love getting catalogs). Immediately set about finishing the lines for the remote oil filter/cooler setup. I didn't know this till now, but making short lines, less then 6 inchs, is much tougher to get right cause you gotta be spot on with the length.

After wards I went about finishing the turbo manifold. I couldn't weld it the garage cause its only on a shared 15amp circuit with one of the bedrooms and it over 200ft from the breaker. Can only reliably weld exhaust in the garage. Even though this house has a detached 3 bay garage cause of this is almost useless for fabrication or hobby work. The bays are also only like 3 foot deeper then an S13. Because of this Ive always had to use the air compressor from an outlet by the water heater room outside the house. Well told I decided to try and weld in that tiny ass room. I don't know what amp this outlet is rated for, this old house has a shit labeled breaker box, but it let me weld constantly at 130A which was what needed.

After finishing the tight spots on the runner 2 and 3, I attached runner 4 when the collet on my tig torch wore out. It would no longer hold the tungsten. At this time my neighbor dropped by and told me had a package on the porch, parts from summit. I then started cleaning up the wiring in prep for fire sleeving them. One thing I like to do when building my own stuff is to over build in hope to eliminate failures. Every drift event I went to the in the past I didn't have a second vehicle so I drove to the event 4 hours away, in it and home from it in the 240 with out fail. Then to work the next day for a well needed oil change. I can now trailer that car but I want to maintain this kinda of reliability with the this build. As such with all the extra power I've been working on a Z33 diff/axle swap with Aramada cover into an S13 subframe but i haven't worked on it in a long time, as its hard to find the right ring and pinion at a good price.

I couldn't finish the AN plumbing for the turbo oil feed and wastegates, as I had the manifold of off and the Banjo comes it own box tomorrow(today). But I did start throwing in the cooling system together. Then I ran into a problem. IDK how I made both lines fit at the same time in the past. But with the pieces I cut from a set of silicone S2000 hoses I could only make ether the top or the bottom long enough to work. I think once I find some 1.25 mild steel pipe I'll extend the lower coupler and put a mounting bracket on it to help keep the hose off the PS pulley.

All that's left to do for a start up is the Turbo manifold and the -4 oil feed to the turbo. after that i got a good bit of things to finish before i can actually drive it. Tomorrow I gotta move out the barracks back to my friends house am graduating from my 2nd C school and going on 2 weeks of leave prior to meeting my ship.

Last edited by foreverdeath; 04-11-2019 at 10:17 AM..
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote