View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #50
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Finished the new wiring harness today, which cleaned up the bay a lot. I've never tried to make a harness with sleeving before I've always just used tape. Which took a good bit more planning and time it make.

The harness comes threw just behind the throttle pedal. On the Chasssis side it connects via a 12pin DTM connector and all power is pinned into my chassis fuse box.

The ECU and Fuse box are not mounted yet. I've verifed everything still work that used to but, now the flex fuel sensor is working showing 93 pump gas at 8% Ethanol and 100F on a 85F day. Also checked on the newly connected Turbo speed senor now that I have the connector for it. After double checking pinout and haltech config im currently stumped. thinking it a a dead sensor as instead of a 5v DC pluse I get a 4.9v plugged in and 0.1v unplugged.

After some testing i have gotten the FCPM to partially respond to a duty signal 25% is slow as it goes and 50% is max. But it should shut off near 0% and over 75% and it just stays at limp duty output.

Also did some testing on the VSS output but no luck i managed to pick up a 25mV peak to peak waveform on a small oscilloscope but wasn't powerful enough to drive the speedo. I've given up and ordered a dakota digital for it, maybe I'll figure it out down the road but I'm tired of fighting it.

Next weekend will be a 4 day weekend for me. Plenty of time to install the dakota digital and make a new oil pan. Then start doing some street tuning.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote