View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #220
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
I forgot to post a frontal view after finally getting my front badge on:

2 weeks ago, I picked up an Injen cold air intake. They are stupidly expensive for this car, and add absolutely no horsepower or torque -- it just makes the intake and blow off noise louder. I picked one up on the forums, used for only 3k miles, for a little under half price. The installation was really easy and only took about 45 minutes. Please excuse my dirty hand prints all over the finished project:

Stock airbox:

Airbox cover removed:

Stock filter:

This is the stock upper intake pipe. It has a passage way inside that does something to mute the intake noise:

Here is the injen lower intake pipe installed:

I skipped taking a picture here.

Here is the metal intake box and upper intake pipe/filter installed:

And the finished product, the cover installed:

It sounds really good (to me).

I started a new job on 04/17/2017. I worked it out to where my last day at my previous job was 04/08/2017 and I had the whole week off. UNFORTUNATELY, on 04/12/2017 (my birthday) someone hit the front of my car IN MY APARTMENT COMPLEX, which is only about 15 people, and did not leave a note. I went looking around at everyone's cars and couldn't find any matching damage. There was no paint transfer so it was really hard to find anything. I also put up 2 signs to please call me if you hit my car, but it has been a week and no one has come forward. I'm talking to my paint guy to see about getting it repaired:

Last edited by JBB; 11-13-2023 at 02:18 PM..
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote