View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #230
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
No real updates for the 240. I got a new walbro 255 pump in that I need to install which hopefully either fixes the fuel gauge, or in the process of installing, I can find out what's wrong (floater maybe?).

Im holding off on installing it because I have to pull my passenger seat out to do so. My seat fabric looks pretty sun faded already so I am thinking I can pull both seats out and give them a cleaning when I do the fuel pump. I am also looking into a new carpet.

Still putting some cash aside to get my power steering back. I am thinking of getting the following:

Chase Bays - Power steering kit, power steering hard line replacements, coolant overflow tank and a cap for my radiator.
PBM - Solid steering rack bushings
Rackdoctor - Remanufactured steering rack and pinion

On the other front, I received my outstanding items for my M2. I was a little pissed because I ordered my downpipe to be cerakoted and it came in without it. Then they also put the intercooler that I had just bought on sale, which I couldn't have even installed yet because the charge pipes hadn't come in. So I had to do some back and forth with the company to get some refunds.

Downpipe and charge pipes:

I got me a real nice low profile, long reach jack for Christmas. I thought it would be enough but even a stock M2 is pretty low. It has a built in center jack point in the underbelly tray but its real far towards the center of the car so even the nice new jack wouldn't reach. I had to pull a 240 move and go buy some wood to drive up on first. (I also had to buy $200 worth of flat top jack stands for this job)

Jacked up:

Obligatory stock intercooler vs. new intercooler:

The intercooler and charge pipes weren't too bad of an install. The inlet pipe that is technically the bottom half of the air intake on the turbo was ridiculous. And the BOV, which bolts to the face of the turbo, was equally ridiculous. It took me like 3 days of about 8 hours each day to get everything installed. In hindsight, I would pay a shop to do the BOV/inlet pipe.

I just did the catless downpipe this weekend and shot a SHORT exhaust video. My old lady was doing the revving while I recorded and she was too afraid to really hit the gas here, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhbG0zTBNkY

Last edited by JBB; 11-13-2023 at 02:17 PM..
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote