View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 03:02 PM   #97
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Last night we got the first big snow fall of the year, which means the 240 is officially away for the season. I clocked 11,650 miles (exactly) this year and couldn't be happier. For the most part, the car was really good.

My old downpipe never fit as nicely as I wanted it to, as it was originally made for a different manifold and turbo set up. Bought a bunch of stainless stuff, and Travis welded it all together. It seems like everytime I do aggressive burnouts it would kill a brake booster. Hopefully moving it away from the booster and switching to a skinny S14 booster will help. With the v-band in the middle, its incredibly easy to assemble and disassemble.

Once the cooler weather hit, I wanted to change my thermostat. I had a Mishimoto "race" thermostat which opened at like, 155* if I recall correctly. I wanted an OEM temp which I believe is 175 so my heat actually worked well all the time. When I removed the thermostat housing I was surprised with what I saw. I imagine the malfunctioning thermostat played a large part in why the car never built temp when I was below 60 or so degrees. Replaced it with a Gates unit from Rock Auto.

My old bash bar sat weird, as a ton of adjustments have been made to the car since it was originally made, so Travis set me up with a new one. Much better fit and finish

When the weather got cold, the car started acting up and left me stranded twice. I believe the distributor was going out, so I replaced it after getting rescued and have since acquired another spare.

For about a year now Jordan had periodically mentioned he wanted to shoot my car. The stars finally aligned and we met up one Saturday morning to hit some foliage. Fall photos are some of my favorite car imagery, and he did an incredible job with these ones.

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote