View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #103
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I think he is on zilvia, because he mentions something about someone doing a similar thing lol.... I wonder if we can use a mount with a low durometer? Might be better? SR with CD009 and valve springs is a easy solution.... I wonder if safe?
The way he did it (welding the spring to a plate) is definitely not safe. You never want to weld a spring, it'll break eventually. See my photos above for a better way to do it.

However I think I now finally have solved the issue. I cracked my subframe, so over the winter I swapped it out with one with GK tech reinforcement plates and nismo subframe bushes. Vibration is like 99% gone. I understand whats going on and why the cd009 is so brutal on an sr car. I'll try to explain.

Stock 350z setup:
- 6 cylinder
- Dual mass flywheel
- Soft Trans mount
- Carbon driveshaft
- Very soft subframe bushes

With a modified SR 9/10 you lose literally all of the above. You can't add a DMF or 2 extra cylinders to an sr easily, so what fixed it for me is:
- Soft trans mount (I used valve springs, but I'm almost certain a stock 350z mount would be fine)
- Soft(ish) subframe bushes (nismo)

I'm convinced that going back to a 2 piece or a carbon driveshaft would bring my car back to almost OEM levels of vibration.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote