Old 09-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ Thanks for all the props guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
so I have a questions, you cut most of the front away to save weight...but you ended at the front wheel wells. ummm, why? I understand it would prevent things from getting in your engine bay, but you cut the front off? so istn't that defeating the purpose? Or did you have other ideas for keeping shit out of the engine?
I'm sorry but I am completely lost in your grammar and I can't figure out what exactly it is you're asking!!! I cut out the s15 core support and sold it, then I decided to make a custom core support second time around. I cut out the front flat sections of the tubs because they were too beat up to fix. I decided to keep them cut out and open rather than adding new pieces when there's no use for it! I also thought of cutting the tubs all the way out to the towers, but decided it would be too much open space for my taste.

So, in conclusion, I just left the tubs in and the cut out flat sections out! It's different than the usual tub job but who says they have to go all the way to the core support? The whole engine bay is stitched and has a tube core support, I'm not worried of any extra rigidity those flat pieces might have added if any at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I paid 80 bucks for my alternator and 75 for the mounting hardware (not sure what the price is now.) I run taurus fans, big hp draws a lot of juice. I'm just prepping for the future. You look like you got a nice light show going on inside of that car. I'd say it's worth it.

Here is mine.
Well it definitely looks nicer than the s13 one. I might invest in one of these! Thanks for the input!
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote