Thread: STL Riots
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #73
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
Definitely man, I totally get where you coming from and your last statement that I put in bold, sadly to say...which is my generation, is slowly destroying what we have to be thankful for. There is simply not enough forward thinking, progressive people that wants to lead and make changes to this county. Our generation biggest problem, is everyone wants to blend in instead of take charge. Travel in packs instead of leading the pack. Its an highly unfortunate problem that does have its merits in some applications, but when it comes to situations that requires a leader....its a fail.
I strongly concur. It started with the baby boomers and has progressively gotten worse and worse with every generation. We have become perfectly fine with being sub-par, this issue is what haunts us.

When I see these cases like Brown, Martin, etc. It discourages me. Instead of the media building up racial tensions, why don't we focus on parenting our youth to make wise choices and take the high road. Teach the respect and how to avoid problematic situations rather than MAKE problematic situations.

I don't know where the circle ends and begins anymore, personally I think our nation is beyond the point of no return. We are no longer the power we once were. We continue to plummet in education statistics, grow debt, and fill jails. We are so concerned with what's happening with the Kardashians that we can't even show up to vote for the leader of our country (or well, statistically speaking anyway).

This kind of stuff is an embarrassment.