View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #661
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post

Hmmm, I am a bit confused by that. The second mark on the crank pulley is the base timing mark (0* I think). I don't recall if it indicates TDC (it has been over a year since I had to do mine). Here is what I did:

With timing light on the crank pulley and the spark pickup on the number one wire, I checked where it was firing in relation to the timing mark. It was off so I rotated the distributor to bring it back in. It was off more than that so I pulled the distributor rotated it like one tooth in the direction I needed and then checked the timing. Using the timing light, I saw it was closer, so I rotated the distributor and got it to where I wanted. (Repeated this process a few times)

It was a bit confusing at the time, but it started to make sense. Without a timing light, it is going to be quite hard to determine when your engine is getting spark.

I think your other option is to align the timing marks on the timing chain and then reset the distributor. You would still need a timing light to bring it into spec.
well this is all i could find Ka24e Timing Off? - Nissan 240SX Forums

i never took the timing chain off so the crankshaft and valvetrain should be dead on as it was before..but when i replaced the oilpump i did take off the spindle and dizzy without putting it back in the same specific order...

could you kinda explain how this gun works? i would have to go to autozone to get it later on tonight

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links