View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Ok, lets say for the sake of discussion, 'reliability, mileage, and power' are the most important determinants of sales figures.
Exactly how much different are Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans in those regards?

I thought all three brands were pretty solid on all 3 counts.
Well...I'm not sure about Nissans being reliable, but that probably reflects my own bias.

idk if I can agree that how a car looks is not important.
Lot of purchases are pretty much emotional buys that rely on whether or not the potential likes the visual design, and the image it brings.

About FWD, I'm personally pretty content as long as the car drives well.
I'm reluctant to bash just because it's FWD.
For everyday driving, I can honestly say I don't mind as long as the suspension's not too soft.
For track driving & autoX, FWD might not be optimal, but at least it's predictable and almost always easy to push.

Not saying FWD is good enough for all, but I think it's fine for 90% of ppl looking for a car.

Would be great if there's a roadster that's actually cheap.
Have no idea how Mazda is still selling the Miata at over $22k.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote