View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I started with a s13 coupe with KYB lower springs bought it for $2100 with a rebuilt KA24DE, still runs like a champ. Starting stock is the best way to go so you actually learn how your car handles. Stock as in go to your first event with just that. No welded diff, not even lower springs like I had. Just simply learn your vehicle. Then after you have learned your vehicle go for a stiffer suspension, stiffer the better for drifting, my next upgrade for the drift car was PBM coilovers(love them, stiff as hell) and weld the diff. Oh and I purchased a Koyo Radiator because I found my stock KA overheating at the first event. Now it runs cold on the freeways since I don't have the $$ to tow my car out, and it runs perfect at the events. I am no professional at drifting yet I am going to my 4th drift event this month with the following upgrade: PBM coilovers, Tein Inner Tie Rods, SPL Outer Tie Rods, just replaced steering rack bushings, modded stock s13 knuckles (more angle), Sparco Racing Seat, and a NRG HUB, NRG QR, and Nardi steering wheel (so the wheel sits closer to me).

I hope this gives you a little idea of what to do.