View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #31
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Since Flickr decided to make us suffer and wants us to pay $6 dollars a month. I decided to take advantage of the $2 dollars I pay a month for my google storage and move all of my photos to google photos. While doing so I decided to update my thread.

You get 15gb free and after that you have to pay $2 for 100gb and then $10 for 1TB. If you want to know how to share an image using google photos so you can adjust the size of the picture posted or anything, let me know. It took me a while to figure it out loll.

Anyway,
Back in spring I decided to buy autocollect storm fitment guides for my front bumper since my inner fender was messed up causing my bumper to fit bad. Was a major improvment.

Before

After

Later that week I decided to restore my cluster buttons due to them looking nasty. Bought the button lens from Restomod.Ninja

How it looked originally

Used a hair dryer and a small flathead to remove it.

Used some goof off

Spayed it using duplicolor black

Then simply peeled off the back of the lens and stuck it into the button. Looked really nice all done. Did the rest of my cluster buttons as well. Really makes the inside feel newer.

Then one day while driving my car I pulled up to a light and my car stopped on me. Could not start it back up. Had my hazards on and this guy pulled up behind me and offered to help me out (apparently him and his girlfriend were admiring my piece of crap of a car haha. They noticed my car just stopped behind them so they came back to check up on me). Long story short I found out I wasent getting any fuel. Fuel pump fuse kept blowing. So I call a tow truck company from my insurance company since I get free towing.

Now my car is low. However I never have a problem getting it on a flat bed when I take off my bumper. I usually give the guy a nice tip because I'm sure I am making their life worse towing my car and they do show their appreciation immediatly haha. I've never had a issue doing this. However, that night i called my insurance company and they gave me the worst towing company I could probably ask for. I had specifically asked for a flat bed and removed my front bumper.

This guy shows up 40 minutes late and comes with a damn dolly. I try not to get pissed off immediatly because maybe its not his fault? I tell him "hey man that dolly isnt going to work". He simply ignores me and looks under my car and says "damn yea you do need a flat bed". Im like no shit? So he tells me he will be back and "I'm like okay you're bringing a flat bed correct"? He says yes. Well 30 minutes later I get a call saying they're not coming. I'm pretty mad and start demanding a flat bed and he just hangs up. The fact they didnt even try to help me and left me stranded at midnight is just the worst thing ever. While venting to myself I noticed I had a 30amp fuse in my glove compartment and put it in my fuse box and the car stayed running. However I feared something may burn up while driving home so I hauled ass and made it back safely.

The next morning I woke up looking for the company online to leave a terrible review. I cant find it, so I try calling the same number and it just goes to progressive. So I just tell progressive what a terrible towing company that place was and hope they dropped them or something. After that I looked up the wiring diagrams to see what would be causing my fuse to blow and saw that 2 wires near passenger side of the engine bay were shorted. Fixed them and the fuse stopped blowing. However I noticed my fuel gauge in my cluster stopped working. Checked my fuel pump and noticed everything was fine but looking in the tank I saw this metal piece floating around. The welds on the baffle broke off causing my floater on my fuel sending unit to get tangled with it. So I finessed that thing out and havent had a problem since.

After all that I upgraded my alternator to a RB25Neo 150AMP alternator. I read online this was a direct fit. Not true, had to cut my alternator spacer a bit and drill the hole bigger for the alternator bolt. Lastly the pulley is slightly mis aligned

Got a non-sunroof headliner finally. When I bought my car it never came with headliner and had a custom sunroof. No one near me could make a custom headliner for me so I decided to work on one my self. Need to rewrap it with better material before I install it.

Realizing I need the sides trimmed off a bit more.

Those were all the minor things I did this spring-summer. Now its fall time and I'm trying to decide if I want to work on my exterior (paint job, kouki skirts and oem front bumper) or suspension,brakes & drivetrain. I decide the suspension, brakes & drivetrain as it still has the 25 year old bushings and the subframe looks really bad. I still have the stock 240sx front calipers and those brakes suck with the RB20. I want to tackle this the same way I did my interior. So far I've only bought lower control arms. When everything else comes in I'll probably update the thread.

PBM Front Lower Control Arms

PBM Rear Lower Control Arms

I dont think I will be buying PBM rods and their other arms, I watched a video and saw how heavy they are and I wasent a big fan of that. Anyway thats it so far. Next update maybe in Feburary or March. Should have most of the parts by then and a new set of wheels finally.