View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 10:00 PM   #39
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Update

So I picked up these GKTECH front drop knuckles. GKtech outer tie rods and S14 moog inner tie rods. I wanted Nismo Power brace and sway bar but those got put on hold.

Also got Stoptech Slotted Rotors

1PC Aluminum driveshaft

Once I had everything ready I decided to get a storage unit as I wanted a flat surface to do my work on. My current driveway is not the best surface to do the subframe swap plus I dont want to be outside in the rain doing work on my car either.

After a week in the storage unit I finally pulled the subframe out and man I was glad. It looked like crap.

At this point everything became hell.

So right out the gate I try removing my old handbrake cables. Well I could not for the life of me get them off. I think they had rusted into the handbrake assembly because I tried everything. So i ordered one from california in better condition. After that I try to remove the brake hardlines from the rear brakes. Well the rear hard lines break off due to being rusty. I was worried I may have to replace the whole entire line from the bmc. Lucklily the part below the green was all good. So I only had to buy the portion in the red from a buddy down south who has a ton of S13 Parts

After that I screwed up big time. I accidently forgot to lock my unit when I left one night. So the manager of course is going to check my unit to make sure its okay and nothing is stolen since he checks every unit out in the morning. He opens my unit and finds out I have the whole rear suspension off the car =/. So he calls me to say this is not allowed blah blah blah and tells me I have the end of July to get it out and it was June 29th when he told me that. I never rented a storage unit but I think they can kick you out right on the spot if the want to so I did not complain at all and apologized to him saying I didnt know. I promised him I would have it out. So I started working alot more hours on the car than I typically would. I was really tired but I knew I had to get this done.

I ran into a few issues that were kind of annoying but small.

My calipers I had bought remanufactured. The threads for the lines fucked up some how so I had to retap them.

The PartsShopMax drop knuckle. My god is this thing annoying. I wish my dumb ass had read the descripition because if I had known about the RLCA and Z32 Ebrake anchor nut issue I would of never even bought the damn thing. Man its so annoying adjusting the RLCA with this issue. For anyone who doesnt know you have to cut the interfereance edge of the nut so you can tighten your rlca because the two nuts interfere with each other. So you have to like slightly push the RLCA up while tightening it. Its kind of hard for me to explain but it sucks.

My voodoo arms did not fit the PBM knuckle too well. I mean I should of expected this since they're not the same brand but it was kind of annoying.

After all that

I got everything together.

Installing it was a bit harder than I expected it.

Dont worry I put washers on the subframe nuts. I realized I forgot to add washers as soon as I took the pic loll.

Finally got my wheels mounted and started fiddling with the suspension to try to make the car sit right before heading to get an alignment.

And July 28th I finally got the car out of the storage unit and drove it home. Still need to get an alignment but Im so glad I got it out as I was bit worried I wouldnt make it due to my work schedule and life in general getting a bit busy.

Getting an alignment this friday and should be receiving my blastpipes so I will try to install them this friday as well.

I will start Exterior work feburary of next year. The goal is to go all oem aero besides the valances and front lip. Replace seals and get a fresh paint job.