View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #45
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
So I've done pretty much just minor stuff to my car at the moment. Currently I'm slowly collecting parts to give the exterior a refresh. The state its in now is somewhat okay, however I want it to be much cleaner and fresh. To be honest I am very surprised how long my paint has lasted in good shape considering its maaco cheapest option ($300) and I took absolutely no care of it the past 6 years I've had it lol.

Soo last year I bought a used quater panel from atlanta and got it shipped to me. My quarterpanel at the moment has alot of bondo and If I'm going to take this exterior restoration seriously I told my self it would be best to finally do this the right way and get it replaced.

Then I started addressing small issues with my car that were bothering me such as my vent pod always coming off and not staying flush. I remember broadfield did a little mod to keep them stable so I copied him.

After that I addressed my wideband sensor issue. I originally bought a innovate LC2 and installed it inside my cluster 4 years ago but that thing went bad so I bought me a new one that was OLED. This had alot more material so it took me much more work to get it inside my cluster.

Did all that work and the sensor stays on calibrate (the image shoes E2 but that just means no power, at the moment it will show HTR which means heating up then stay on CAL and never calibrate) for some reason smh... I feel the O2 sensor heat up but it wont calibrate. Going to go on a limb here and say its a bad sensor. If that dosent work I am going to have to pull out my cluster and see if maybe I pulled a wire off the board and try to solder it back but I honestly doubt I did. If worst comes to worst I'll send it to them for repair.

Got a DCC with all the sensors for 100$. Could not pass that deal up. Decided to change the colors of the VFD output (using a filter) as the blue-green color would ruin the color scheme have for the car at night. I also changed the green light to a dark yellow.

The unit came with just pigtails and all of the other sensors had pigtails as well. I could not find a wiring guide so I downloaded the japanese 180sx FSM and made it a searchable ocr and translated the dcc portion of the FSM. I bought a bunch of wires and started wiring everything up and decided I would make a pinout and a little write up for the DCC.

However, I have one issue and its the fact the blower motor only works on "4" (highest setting) and thats it.
Which is funny because my old analog unit all of the settings worked besides "4" so Idk if its a wiring issue or a blower motor issue. I still need to figure it out someday. Everything else works fine which makes me very happy.

Got a good hook-up on a Uncracked Dash. Was using the cover overlay which I was fine with but I could not pass up the deal on this dash.

Brand new cluster lens & Door Handles. Will install the door handles once my bride fabric comes in so I can redo my door cards

Anddd lastly I moved to washington loll. Big thanks to my sister boyfriend for being there when the transporter was coming to pick the car up from Indiana.

The goal so far is still to collect the pieces for the exterior. So far I've only bought the door seal belts (or whatever they're called) but thats going to change very soon. In the next coming months.