View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #59
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
I have been getting distracted with other tasks besides body work on this car that has made me slide my paint date back. The whole "since I'm here I might as well" is a very dangerous mindset.

I bought Second Skin Damplifier (sound deadening), Heat Jute (Heat Insulation) and MLV (sound blockng) rolls to help with the annoying creaking noises with the car as well as the crazy amount of heat I get coming through the firewall since I swapped the RB.

New Heat Jute vs 30 year old Nissan stuff. It's basically just a newer version of what Nissan originally had on the firewall.

The nissan soundblocker was breaking into pieces and falling in my cabin. Hoping this does a good job at stopping the heat. I plan on using the extra material I have left over on my hood to keep the RB noise down. The valve train is a bit noisy, hoping to have it so it does not take away the turbo flutter however.

OEM stuff removed.

Damplifier Layed on

Then I installed the Heat Jute

After I finished the firewall I then went to install the damplifer throughout the whole car.

I noticed a very big difference in the quarter panels and roof when tapping on the structure. Very excited to see the difference when I am out driving.

I installed the MLV on the rear seats to replaced the existing Nissan sound blocker. I also installed it in my trunk cover (no pictures) to block off exhaust noise & diff noise. Trying my best to make the exhaust noise greatly reduced when the windows are up. I love the sound of it with the windows down but when the windows are up, I am not that much a fan. Its weird. I plan on installing the rest on the rear tire wheel wells but will need to order vinyl glue for that.

New MLV

Old Nissan sound blocker

So when I removed my dash to start installing all of this stuff. I thought to myself I might as well change my heater core and refresh my evaporator.

Ordered a bunch of stuff from rock auto and went to home depot to refresh my evaporator.

Took apart blower motor to refresh weatherstripping

Replaced my heater core but currently waiting for the gaskets for the inlet and outlet tubes. Hoping to never have to touch any of this stuff again for the rest of my life lol.

Now another thing I noticed when removing my dash. My aftermakret wiring that I had hidden.

I was disgusting and very dissapointed in myself. Should have never let it get this bad. I did a minor clean up I think a year ago consiting of the homeade digital climate control harness I made and the radio wiring, but that was it. I told my self I am going to do this properly with connectors and labeling with the main power source for everything being located in a enclosure mounted in the trunk area.

You may notice two connectors coming off the cluster. I put the AEM UEGO X in my cluster. Replaced the garabge innovate that I had. This was very hard to do and would not recommend anyone use this gauge. It technically should not even work and fit but I did alot of cutting of the gauge and forcing in the tachomoeter area of the cluster to make it work.

Would definietly recommend using their regular UEGO gauge when doing this

I bench tested it to make sure it worked by using alchohol. The numbers fluctuated from rich to lean. So glad to finally have a working wideband.

The aftermarket wiring is almost done being cleaned up. I just need to wait until I finish a few things before I start putting it all back in the car. I bought powered mirrors for cheap and I plan on making them heated. I am also going to create a OEM style switch back circuit for my sidemarker lights. You can easily achieve this by buying a switchback LED bulb, but I prefer the halogen yellowish-clear look of the sidemarkers and position lights on the car. I know it may be weird to see me say that as I did the HID retrofit but typically I only have the headlights on when its very dark and I love the look of the halogen position lights during dawn or dusk. Hoping to get these two things done next month so I can finish the aftermarket wiring clean up and start the car as it has not started since december.

I bought a Blitz boost gauge, a new driverside door because my original one had a botchy repair done with bondo, RB25 oem turbo and a sunroof shade for my aftermarket sunroof to keep temperatuers down. Besides that not much else done with the car.

The goal now is to have the car painted in July or August but we will see. Hopefully the next update to this, my car is painted and put together.