View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #41
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
reliable 240?

1) that's never going to happen. I don't know ANY PERSON that has a reliable 240/Silvia/S-chassis. I know some that break LESS. I know none that are "reliable".

It doesn't matter what kind of project car you have, it should never be your daily. If you've got 4k, use some of that to get something to kick around in like an adult. Then, you can start our journey into owning a 240. Get a swear jar. If you do your own work, invest in band-aid brand. If you're a drinker, always keep a bottle of whiskey in the trunk. It'll ease the pain when you realize what you're getting yourself into.

All that aside, I don't personally know of anyone who's ever supercharged a KA. I know they exist because of the internet, but I've never seen it. Go turbo. If you're not trying to chase down Lambos or something, you can still have a very fun "reasonably reliable" car. I mean, it'll still break at the most un-opportune times because that's what 240's do. But, it's like having a hot girlfriend that farts a lot. Eventually, you just learn to deal with it.
sooo...are you saying he should go with a burrito?