View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #121
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
So you slammed it so far it looked silly, rolled the fenders, and now (having ruined them) you're raising the rear, when the front is the part that really doesn't take well to lowering?

I see, from the miata's fenders, that you're following a formula here.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% stand behind you raising it. Just think about it, if you do something wrong admit it (at least to yourself) and have it be a learning experience, do better next time. You don't have to duplicate all your mistakes on two cars. Aero and rolled fenders are something you do do accomidate other excessive modifications, like massive wheels, and you do those so that you can have massive rubber on the ground, not so that you can have rolled fenders and skinny tires and be too lowered, if this all makes sense. Just consider that nearly everything you've done is cosmetic, and/or a downgrade (other than the engine, obviously).... and then think about that money going into gas and tires, and the amount of fun you could have had, without any ricey side-effects on your car, or perminant damage like rolled fenders.

By the way, are those 205's on the new wheels? If so, my personal advice (yeah, you won't listen, I know) is sell them, stock aluminium wheels look great (IMO) and it won't be a tragedy if you drift into something, and are about as wide as your bigger wheels. Your car will behave better with smaller wheels if they're the same width, anyway.

I probably said this and your car friend probably knows, but make absolute sure you break and re-torque all the bushings to the new height, any time you change it

tl/dr: not saying I don't dig you playing with the car, just that the car would work better for you and you'd have more money to do what's important with it, if you put it back to stock height and wheels, and went and drove it instead.
First off, i only rolled the lip of the fenders so they dont cut into the tires. I never ruined the fenders because the car hasnt even been driven. Tires have less than 1 mile on them. I am raising the car because i dont care about perfect fitment when i have some power to play with. Im raising the car to fit the aero and not risk damaging it with a pothole or something. Rolling the lip of the fender makes it flat so if you hit a bump and the tire goes up to the fender it will not cut into the tire. I dont want it stock height and i dont want stock wheels. The tires are 205s and its 17x8.5 so its wider than stock.
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links