View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #300
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
For anyone wondering, I worked and worked and worked on getting the Zo6 calipers to fit. I got the mounts made up, but in order to get the damn things to clear I was going to have to stick with 18" and up rims, plus after doing the math on both the stopping power, and the cost, it wasn't going to be worth it. I have since sold the calipers to a guy with a plain Jane C6 vette. So anyone else thinking of trying this, its just not worth it, the off set of the calipers is pretty drastic, so the type of brackets I was going to have to make were only going to be safe if I had them CNC'd or made of cast, just two pieces of steel wielded together to get it right was an accident waiting to happen, and one place where I'm not going to put shady fab work is on my brakes. Knowing my luck I'd hit an old woman or a soccer mom with a van full of kids. With that said, anyone else is welcome to try this, I'll give all the info I can with what I came up with. But I just don't see it being worth it for brakes that are basically going to be just for looks. Like it was said above about the evo/sti brembos, those are locking up nice sized front tires, these are just over kill like you couldn't believe. I was uneducated and jumped on something without thinking.
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote