View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #13981
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
It's just hilarious dude is saying the steering sucks when he hasn't even driven the Z himself yet. I've driven it it feels awesome.
You saying something feels awesome means nothing to me; I don't know your history with cars and can't put it into context.

That's part of our problem, right? That statements without context are, by and large, meaningless.

For example, some people think steering feel only has to do with immediacy and accuracy. That's their definition and what they look for and anything the steering does beyond that is immaterial.

I'm a firm believer that steering feel also includes being able to feel the road surface, both in texture and available grip, and being able to feel the front end grip levels as well so you can balance the car's grip with the road surface's grip. Review after review of the Z say, "yeah, this car doesn't have that level of tactility"

That matters to me. I don't commute in my fun cars, I don't do anything but drive them for fun or from fun road to fun road. How they handle transit sections doesn't mean anything- it's a means to an end.

I also have zero brand loyalty, I have chassis loyalty. If Geely put out a feelsome, tossable, tactile sports car I'd have a deposit on it yesterday.

Other people might like modern sporting cars. I don't, because they're just not fun to me. I crave tactility that they can't provide.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links