View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
The Shaggy Chassis

Alright, well, I've hit a lull in my build and I figure it's time to start a build thread.

Picked the car up in April 2014 as a birthday present to myself. Immediately got to work doing little things like bushings, sway bars, new carpet, stereo, and new springs/shocks.

Then after a few months I wanted to paint the engine bay, then though, well, as long as I'm painting the engine bay I might as well do tubs because they look awesome, and as long as the engine is out I might as well rebuild it....

Annnnnnd that's when I got in over my head. The motor was pulled, the engine bay was stripped of paint, and then, I wrecked my friend's S13. Caused damage to his core support, broke his headlight, and fucked his fender and bumper all up. So, being the good broke friend that I am, I gave him all my parts. I even gave him my vlsd and 1 piece driveshaft because of how shitty I felt. This put my progress at a major standstill. But, we did get to rattle can my friend's car (His name is Ryan, and I should probably start giving him more credit because he has been a tremendous help in the build process. Thanks, Ryan!) His car used to be a crappy faded black

Went to Japan for a few months. Saw a bunch of cool shit. Again, barely have any pictures to show for it.

Came back in September of 2015 to this:

Before my stay in Japan I had picked up an LS1/T56 to put into the chassis. There are pictures and vids somewhere of me doing a bunch of donuts in the firebird that the motor came from but, I suck at keeping that stuff and who knows where it is now. Plus, that car fucking sucked anyways and I'm glad it's gone. I sold that rolling shell for $100.
-anyways-

When I got back i wanted to get started on the tubs and paint.

i wish there was a way to just clear coat over this bare metal. that would have been cool.

Painting is hard work!

all this was followed by coating the crossmember, trans tunnel and wheel wells with por15, and installing a DIF steering shaft bushing. Also picked up some S15 seats (not the spec r but still way better than the stock s13 seats!)

more on the next post!

tubs all done up. primer on top and por15 on the wheel side. then the next weekend is was time for paint prep.

Last edited by shaggyjake; 11-22-2017 at 01:47 PM..
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links