View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 03:52 AM   #7
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Did a lot of driving/hooning through the canyons near snake/stunt. Found some areas that need some tending to. Unfortunately i'm in japan until april so it will have to wait.

Picked up an S15 HLSD. that thing is awesome. my only issue with my rear end currently is that i'm shifting way too much in the canyons and drag racing, and i would like to get a little bit better mpg. Yesterday i ordered a S15 pumpkin with the 3.69 gears in it. Looking forward to that.

My coolant and IAT's are way too fucking high. after one uphill run my temps are seeing 215-220 degrees and my IAT's are close to 150 at idle after a run. I moved my intake filter under the driver fender and wrapped the intake piping with heat reflective tape. When i get back to the states i plan on getting the headers ceramic coated and possibly even wrapping them after that to keep the exhaust temps down.

I think I may have an issue with turbulent air between the radiator and the engine accessories, so i'm looking at a koguchi power hood to help with the flow of air through the radiator, and possibly a custom, tucked, dual pass radiator to replace my mishimoto/dual fan/ shroud combo.

Considering a swirl pot setup for the cooling system as well. but i still need to do a lot more research.

Still unsure if I want to go custom spring rates/valving from fortune auto or if I want to invest the time in a ground control/koni setup.

List of shit to get done in 2017:
-upgrade cooling system
-install LS6 intake.
-get headers ceramic coated, possibly wrapped.
-install z32 front and rear brakes.
-order custom rate FA500 coils or Ground Control Coils
-transfer HLSD to s15 pumpkin with 3.69 gears (and will likely have to get my driveshaft shortened)
-find a set of wheels to fit 265/275 rubber under the stock metal in the rear, and 235/245 up front.

i'm terrible at embedding videos so here is a link to a quick burnout video after i got the HLSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYWEi8N-SuM

and then it was time to leave the country again, so she went away to storage.

So, here we are, three months left in deployment and anxious to get back home.

Excited to get back and do some work!!!
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote