View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 07:57 AM   #14
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I actually found a solution for what I think you're describing by owning an OBS ford truck. Mine is also cut like lok's image, though I did weld the beaded/nipple tip back on it from the cut off portion.

The SR's heater lines here are 3/4", whereas the US S13's heater core nipples are 5/8", at least on my car/engine. You can use stock S13 heater hoses and stretch the 5/8" hose over the 3/4" nipple on the SR, but I imagine that's not a permanent solution and significantly reduces the lifespan of the hose.

What I did was bought 2 small block OBS ford coolant bypass hoses, one for each tube coming from your engine. They are a short 90* bend with a built in 3/4-5/8 reducer. Buy two generic double-male metal 5/8 hose couplers and cut the stock 5/8 heater hose at the right length from the heater core side and put it all together with clamps.

Since the heater hose design on these cars is basically 2-90* bends it should be pretty self-explanatory if you have the parts in front of you, and it's a good reliable solution.

Part numbers for what I'm explaining:

CONTINENTAL 63726 (3/4 to 5/8 reducer hose from a Ford truck) + DORMAN 56438 (5/8 union) + CONTINENTAL 63096 (KA heater hose, cut the 90 free and toss the rest)
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote