View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 07:49 AM   #28
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Its the summer holiday, so im trying to spend as much time in the workshop as possible to finnish this car up and make space for the next one.

First of, i removed the dash again. I did that so i could do some proper wiring for the gauges and boost controller

The instrument cluster started like this:

Then did som magic with LED bulbs and the result is this:

And finished it up with a Defi Advance ZD
- I still need to figure out why it dont show RPM and speed. But thats a small thing. It was installed instead of the cheap gauges on the dash. So i actually only needed oil pressure and oil temp. But this one can do a lot more, so i wired most of it up. still need to wire up the exhaust temp sensor. But thats absolutely not important at this point.

Im starting to install some carbon pieces.
On top of the cover for the ignition coils, i also got a slam panel

Because the enginebay is pretty black, its blending in pretty good!

I cant re-use the original intake as the new turbo have a bigger inlet. So i needed to design and 3D print a new one. But im sure the 3D print cant handle the heat near the turbo, so i had to do something different.

I started by 3Dprinting a bunch of pie cuts, and cylinders in the correct size.
I left some space in the middle for a silicone hose so theres some play when the engine moves around. After gluing the parts together, i gave it all some release agent and after that, some epoxy. Then i covered the tubes in some carbon sleeve.

Im adding extra epoxy and sanding it to get a smooth finish.
As im gonna remove the 3Dprinted plastic, i need more than just one layer of carbon. So i added one extra layer of carbon.
Its timeconsuming and boring, but the endresult is worth the time

This is how it looked just before i added the second layer of carbon cloth. So the finished result should look even better and super smooth

As the rear valances for the TypeX bodykit didnt fit that well, i had to change them a bit.
And as always, wear PPE!

As a small detail, i also added a catch can to the engine. theres still some things i need to change, but its almost done.

And finally i found somebody who could help me install some tires on my Work Eurolines.
So thet are finally on the car!

And i must admit, that it needed some lowering! But i have to get it through the danish checkup before doing that.