View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #88
alexisthemovie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
alexisthemovie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alexisthemovie
Just a few small updates...

I'm picking up my Spirit Rei Odyvia hood tomorrow. After theorizing and staring at photos of the Odyvia hood compared to an S13 Silvia hood, I decided that there is actually a visual difference near the area where the hood meets the headlights and it'd be too risky to assume that an S13 hood will fit perfectly. I'll still be picking up an Origin Type II hood in the future and regardless of that, I'd need the front part of the Spirit Rei hood for fitment purposes anyhow.

I don't want to be that guy that just keeps posting the same photos over and over without making any changes so I'll try to have something new in each update.

After not achieving enough front negative camber, I took my friend's ingenious idea of bolting the front coilover to the side of the knuckle, leaving the top bolt out, and marking through the top hole with a sharpie where a new hole should be drilled. This was decided as the best method after seeing countless samples of sloppy slotting that people do on here. Instead of blindly drilling a new hole directly next to it, I knew that it'd have to be done in an arc so with this mark, I think that a figure-8 shape is the best option, of which I'll be having our machine shop do this so it'll come out cleanly. I figure I can adjust later using camber plate up top.

I also finished installing the driver side Godspeed (sorry) V2 "bent" toe arm and preloaded the spring half an inch. I'll be purchasing 150mm Swift springs in the near future which will get the car to the height that I want. It is barely tucking currently.

Front camber. Due to the fender shape, it is not drivable at this height in front. I'll be reshaping the front fender before setting final alignment. That is a couple months down the line, however.