View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #92
kawitwofiddy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kawitwofiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
When I first was sucked into the 240 world I thought like any other noob. And that was sr all the way. I was too dumb to realize that sr's were only "better" because they came stock turbo'd. I've learned over the past year of project 240's and reading on forums that a KA is the all around better choice. In the next month or so I will be putting a t25 on my stock KA. Patience is the key to the limited supply of A/M KA parts(which has grown since this thread started.) I picked up my internally wastegated t25 with a b/m KA manifold and sr turbo elbow for $175 shipped from the f/s section on here. Im going with the Megasquirt2 DIYPNP as a tune, and I don't plan to spend much more than a grand for all my turbo parts, not cutting any corners. I feel the reliability of both motors lies in the tune mainly. The SR20 comes stock with an almost perfectly tuned ecu, as the ecu's used for the KA-T are mostly reflashed and tuned to perfection. Your motor that is being turbo'd needs to be checked and have a few tests ran if you are expecting top reliability. Sorry for ranting but after reading four pages of comments I needed to share my .02 cents.

Bottom Line: I would love to see more aftermarket parts available to the KA world, and i'e noticed cxracing to be impressive on their more moderate parts- intercoolers, radiators, hoses etc. I feel along with more support for ka-t aftermarket product, will come more KA-Ters an will eliminate the price that I love oh so much for them. I also oppose the support of a/m parts because i love the d.i.y. custom style that rides with many KA's. It shows one of two things- someones got money, or someone know their shit. Theres my two cents for ya
kawitwofiddy is offline   Reply With Quote