View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 11:44 AM   #112
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post

You know what? We have a democratic process. You know what we need? There should be a form when you file your taxes with a bunch of boxes. You can check off things like "military/defense", "schools/education", "infrastructure", "welfare programs", "other" and fill your own in, etc. they CAN'T spend your money in any area you didn't check. How many people you think would check fucking welfare, corporate welfare, or useless earmarks? I'm sure they'd find ways to weasel their way into your money based on loop holes anyway, but if that could be made to work properly, it would be amazing.
^ this.

can you imagine how many people would pick the first three?
To make that work there would have to be laws made that funds couldn't be transferred between tax categories.

I've always thought that the social welfare aspect of things should never have been made an institution, they should have left social responsibility up to charities, churches, etc. That way the empathy of those who work could be voluntary and managed by those institutions. kinda like what was listed above.

I know someone who was a very hard worker, and a skilled carpenter, and upon signing up for welfare just doesn't do anything anymore. he is old, but it is sickening to see how free money can corrupt a hard working member of western civilization.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote