View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #3629
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimiBoi View Post
so i kno this has been discussed alot...and i read most of the threads..but still havent really found a clear answer. i blocked off the egr and am planning to pull off the secondary butterflies. i dnt wana take the rod out or the solenoid thing that controls them...i just wanna remove the plates. so my question is this: will removing the secondary butterflies kill my low end torque and my mpg? ive read mixed reviews...some say to just take them off since they arent on the s14 anyways and that they didnt lose torque at low end. others have said that they bog out at low rpm and idle is f*$ked up. however my friend told me that less restriction is better for power and mpg and he (from his experience) told me that u feel a slight gain across the powerband. i have a nearly stock ka24de with intake and exhaust. whats the best thing to do?

oh ya...will i pass smog without them in?
thanks in advance zilvia!
I could go into a bunch of detail about the functions of them and about how removing them will affect your powerband, but really all you need to know is this: If youre non-turbo, leave em. If youre turbo, take em out.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote