View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr20probs View Post
Hey guys so I have my sr block built at a machine shop, it was originally stock. I had it built at a machine shop and it ran fine. Later on I decided to do an ACL oil pump and head gasket. After that my sr started but it had no oil pressure and at a cam. So that was shitty. Anyways I?m going to pull the head and inspect the block. I Laos know it does not have oil squirters,it is a factory det so they must of been not installed. Anyways are they necessary?
On a stock or mild build, especially with stock pistons, they do aid in cooling of the piston crown. There are arguments that forged pistons don’t benefit from this, but the extra oiling to the wrist pin is beneficial. Most drag cars remove these components.

All that to say, if they are blocked, you can reinstall them. If the block isn?t drilled for it, it was an NA block at one point.