View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #21
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
Those people are on borrowed time to, there's 43psi acting upon those o-rings, if they happen to squeeze threw the bore on the fuel rail after a nice WOT pull when teh cylinder is all nice and hot, that cant be good.

The cylinder will hydrolock almost instantly, thats a major leak.

I'm actually going to turn up the PSI to about 45 PSI to start with tuning, since the injector pulse width and duty cycle is much lower on a Naturally aspirated engine with lower HP goals, then a turbo charged sr. I believe a standard sr20dets base fuel pressure is around 46PSI?

I need a nice and clean spray pattern so uping the injector size I will need to up the fuel pressure. I've never worked with E85 so that 45 PSI @ fuel rail may not even work with E85, I am wondering if I should up the fuel pressure to maybe 48PSI.

I used the RC engineering calculator and it seems that I would need about 48PSI @ 75% of injector duty cycle to make relatively 220 HP at the crank , or roughly 190WHP. This would mean that brake specific fuel consumption is at 50%. This would be a total of 34.91 LB.s/HR @ 367cc.

I'm just going to order brand new q45 94+ injectors, any one want these phase 1 Q45 injectors for free?

Last edited by BigVinnie; 01-26-2009 at 12:11 PM..
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote