View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #38
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrturboextreme View Post
I was a little upset to be honest with you when I first read this but now I understand. I too gave up and sold my S13 because I was tired of seeing where they are all ending up these days. Very few people care to do things correctly anymore, this is why I was following your build. In my opinion it was very refreshing to see what you were going for and not another fucking #driftlifebrohooniganbroslammedbrobrobro build. Anyways I understand feeling defeated and wanting to walk away completely, but take it from me I sold my car and found out 2 weeks later that it was totaled by the dickhead I sold it to. A lot of time and money I wasted on that car just to have it #hoonibruuuuuuhhh'd into a wall.

Anyways I wish you the best with whatever you decide but I know for me I was kicking myself for selling my car and seeing what it became.

By the way you should feel special. I hate typing and this is the longest post I have ever typed I think.
Thanks man. I really mean it. I'm happy that you and the guys commenting in the FS thread (at the time of my typing this) can see what I've done and what I intend(ed) to do. This chassis isn't meant to be a full blown racecar unless you've got the coin. I am by no means wealthy, but I do try to plan and budget for the 'good stuff'. I'd rather do it right the first time and be done with it. That being said, I was going for simple and reliable. No gnarly HP and flashy aero. I want(ed) to make it a 'double-take' kind of deal: you look once and think 'Oh that's nice' but when you look again you see all the little things that are there.

If I sell this one then I'm done for good. Partly because I've done it too many times before but mainly because I don't want to see what happens to it. Part of me wants to believe that if someone pays the full asking they'd be the type of person to maintain and preserve it.

I guess I just feel selfish. Doing it the 'right way' is costly and it's not fair to my wife. We're a team, and only my half of the team has an expensive vice. If this thing goes then her 2005 Forester will shortly follow and we'll go grab a new Subaru Crosstrek XV. I'm sure I'll throw some Volks on it but it will be a brand new, reliable, warranty-covered car that her and I can enjoy.

I doubt it will sell, though. I just have to find the willpower to leave it as-is if I end up sitting on it. I'll do the maintenance, but I can't keep myself out of the FS thread and off YAJ. I'm a sucker for rare, OEM parts.