View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #68
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
So I got a pretty vague question but how many of you guys shoot for a living or at least to freelance work? Im kinda over my job and want to focus on school more, I've saved more than enough to keep me going till my degree is up but I still want to make money on the side.

I built my PC years ago to do a bit of music/sound design and going to be going over it soon because the partion on my HD that had all my music and editing programs is destroyed. So will be doing a freshen up and start my OS from scratch. Had mac osx lion and using windows 8 now.

So now how do I go about getting into freelance work, I have a buddy who just opened his own studio to do off the street portraits for family, holidays pictures, and head shots. Going to see if I can maybe work for him to help him out. Other than that I was going to go out and just in general shoot more and brush up on my lightroom/PS. Do some work with friends for free and eventually start up a website for inquires. Figured I just need to invest in a good tripod, more batteries bc sony lol, maybe lights and another two lens since all I have is my old nikon 50mm 1.2 and 24mm 2.4. Probably get a lens adapter so I can use my canon lens and invest in a proper 50mm and some type of tele from sony.

Also want to get a cheap medium format camea because I think it be cool to eventually do studio work with film. My nikon f3 with something like fuji neopan is so clean but on medium format and scanned will be crystal clear.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote