View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #124
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing crazy, I'm going to give the Walbro 400 that I have a chance and see how it goes. It will run from the pump to some standard fuel hose down to the factory lines that I'm hoping to relocate. The ends of the lines will terminate with AN fittings, one line (return) going up to the Aeromotive AFPR and the other line (feed) going into a GM fuel filter with AN adapters and out to the fuel rail. I'm running the factory fuel rail with SARD 650cc drop-ins that I bought from RHDjapan.

If I run into issues I will start with a surge tank. If anything further is required it would be a change of the fuel rail and injectors. I'm not looking for huge numbers with this build, the car will be tuned on 91 pump. I want the ability to drive the car wherever I'd like in this area and not have to worry about finding corn or paying $8.00/gallon at exclusive stations for 100 octane. This will not be a car that I plan on storing in the garage, I'm a dickhead and I want to show it off. [emoji57] Seriously though, I'm replacing damn near every major component on the car, so I plan to drive the shit out of it until the chassis gives up. Motors can always be rebuilt/replaced, so the chassis is the only thing I can think of that can give up and put the car in it's grave. I'm putting my heart & soul into this build and it's not something that I think will ever leave my possession.

/weird ass tangent

Sorry for the rant but I have really fallen in love with this POS the more I've put work into it. This summer has been so brutal and I haven't had any chances to work on the car due to the excessive heat; it's been depressing to say the least. I feel like I'm not too far off from starting it, but there is still a lot of stuff that needs to be done.