View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 07:18 AM   #710
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
to save a lot of money of course, but only after an engineer comes out to evalueate it, otherwise the city wouldnt even allow construction...
Something else you can do.
If the slab isn?t THAT big, you can essentially ?rebuild? the house but use that slab for the garage or something. Then the new slab poured right next to it can be your house.

I went to look at a house with that exact scenario.
The reason they did that was because of cheaper taxes, however I don?t know if your area is going to reassess it with the new covid pricing.
The house I?m talking about was ?rebuilt? in 2012.

My area did new assessments this past September out of the blue.

Either way, I?d be cautious. I don?t know how bad the fire could have affected it.
I?d get multiple inspectors out there to look at it. If it?s not 100% perfect, don?t use it for your home.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote