Thread: Parts sources
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 12:13 PM   #9
240 2NR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
240 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
PDM-Racing[A+]: Numorous orders. Don knows 240's and does try to stock only the best parts at good prices. Have contacted him for prices and he will tell me his and on some low volume parts will flat out tell me I could do better looking in the states. Shipping does take a bit longer, but it isn't bad. Usually an extra 3 days. By the way, his 300zx brake kit is expenisve because they are brand new calipers.

Nismoparts[A]: Ordered the 180sx taillight conversion for $429 plus ~$30 shipping. Was told upfront there was a three week backorder, but somehow got them in just over two weeks.

Courtesy Nissan[A]: Good prices on parts. Expensive shipping IMO, but still seems to have a wider selection and much better prices than the local stealership. Fast shipping.

RollHard Performance[A]: Front and rear strut tower bars. Good prices, good email responces, and fast shipping (ordered on a tuesday, came friday).

Jspec[A]: Expensive (got my 180sx half clear front bumper lights, $125 shipped), but good for quality hard to find parts. Always prompt with email responces.

Mach III[B+]: Ordered my rota wheels from them. Due to a wharehouse error I was sent the wrong parts and they did their best to fix the situtation. They sent the new ones out right away but it took some time to work out the return (may have been the first time, plus coordination with the dist. who actually sent them). In all I got a good price on a good part and the return was easy (they had ups come to my house and pick them up).

Nopi [C]: Bought Brembo front blanks. Recieved Bradi rotors (which is somehow under the brembo umbrella). Contacted them to alert them of the inccorect labeling on website and they claimed to fix it though I haven't checked. Seems like a decent part and they would have refuneded my money had I chosen to return them, but for $24 each I figured I'd give them a try.

Whiteline AU [C+]: Good website, product and support prior to sale. After sale (of S13 works kit, plus extra bushings) there was minimal communication and was not notified of one month back order until 3 weeks later. Also sent incorrect front struts (for a suzuki belano, though they still accepted them on return despite my hacking them apart as per the directions). Seemed to be a supplier problem, which I would have been fine with had they been upfont about the delay. Good prices with exchange rate.

Northsar Motorspots [A+]:  If you're in the chicago area you have to go.  Real race parts, not tuner crap.  Run by a guy and his wife.  Both very nice and willing to help out (test fitted harnesses and had me try on all the gloves they carry for the best fit).  Bought my harness and racing gloves there (plus a helmet through a third party).  They have a website, but the shop is great, though a bit hard to find.  Highly recomended though a bit pricey (but aren't race parts suppposed to be?)