View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #15
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
lol nope, because the stock housing restricts the flow, ive seen it Z guys stuffing gt2560 rotating assemblies on the stock housings loosing on average 50 - 60whp because of the housing alone. on the lower 12psi range.
your doing it wrong- or they are.

seriously it works

some of the best setups I have used and turbos I have sold have been tiny housings with huge inset wheels - it's the machining of the housings as well as proper wheel selection that makes the biggest difference.

Your buddies should send me their turbos...takes a while for turn around though

PS. the Z housings are VERY small for a production turbo and the GT2560 is hardly an upgrade at all if you look at the trim - size comparison - and more importantly the compressor maps of either.