View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #8
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I own a home. I paid under 6 figures for it and it gets the job done. I've been working professionally for 8 years now and I make good money.

Now I'm in Detroit and I'm chilling at the hotel. I turn on HGTV (I don't have cable at home) and I was hoping to catch a cool DIY project. However the channel is a never ending loop of young couples crying about not getting granite countertops and picking between a house that is $670,000 which is $70k over budget or the "fixer upper" for $500k and putting another 120k into it.

WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?!?!

Thats what the show should be on!

Who pays enough that you can hack $3-5k a month for JUST A MORTGAGE!
I'm sure part of it is b/c it's reality TV, but then I'm sure that most of it is b/c hardly anyone here in America seems to know how to live within their means. They'll take on a mortgage for a 4,000 sq foot house while eating on paper plates and sitting in folding chairs in the living room.

All some people care about is the image. And they don't care how far into debt they go, or how far behind they fall in payments, as long as they maintain that image of being successful with a big house and a BMW. Living the dream until the bank calls their number and the repo man shows up.

$500k in Savannah would be a piece of property on the river with a dock all to myself.