View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #14
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealwars View Post
Gonna bump this thread. Can anyone comment on these latest GKTech knuckles for grip driving? Seems a few of you have them already.

Stuck deciding between GKTech Grip, GKTech Grip/Drift, and FDF front knuckles for my road racing S13. I'd love faster steering input but am hesitant if this will compromise other facets of steering geometry.
Every company has their own idea of the ideal ackerman percentage/curve, which is really what's changing between the Grip and Grip/drift knuckles. FDF are just tweaked copies of wisefab, though I do see they make their own "grip" knuckle with a bolt-on hub. It says "12 degrees of ackerman is ideal for extended track with s-chassis", but how he came to that conclusion no one will ever know.

In all actuality, these things differ depending on what track you're at, what tires you're using, your ride height, and how fast you like your steering. Pick one you like the idea of and run with it, nobody has objective data on one vs. the other.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote