View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 05:38 PM   #16
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
I love the build man. Turbo will definitely be cool and be pretty responsive with the higher compression on the na motor as long as the tune is okay on it. You sound like me talking about my car being slow haha I drive a single cam ka with stock rear, 215/40s probably 50 psi cold depending on track surface and temp. But it?s relatively torquey for what it is. Contemplating chucking a 4.3 rear in it. I?ve done a pretty big oval track with it and it was fine but you are entering at probably 45-50 mph so you have a lot more momentum to kinda keep the car loose vs gripping up.

Can?t wait to see the progress! Remember to keep your foot down
So on top of everything I'm going to have it running ethanol, we've got regulated E54 from the pump out here so it makes it really easy to have the car tuned and not worry about content changes. I've seen great results from E54 on my daily so I figure I'll give it a try.

The last event I was going faster and faster with entries, but I just couldn't keep the rear out or I'd end up backwards because of the grip level the car has. The alignment feels good, its super controllable at low speed, but there is just too much grip and not enough power to properly run any actual layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Sweet! I am actually doing the same, but I will be using the DE harness and Distributor (s14 sr20de). I ran my car with a 4.6 final and it definitely made it alot better to stomach. But I am having to run 215/40's @ 60psi to make it work. DE is a torquless wonder.
Torqueless wonder is beyond accurate. The final corner of the layout we've had recently was somewhat slow, big flick, bit of hand brake and a clutch kick would get the rear out no problem, but keeping the tires spinning was another story. I think I was running around 40psi on some all seasons and about half way through the corner it was struggling to keep wheel speed. I was trying to clutch kick again mid corner, but it would grip up and I'd end up backwards

I think throwing in the 4.9 I have would have helped a ton, but since I'm driving to each event its not ideal for the freeway. Only positive to still having a 4.11 is I could cruise at 80mph no prob from my house to the track. With the 4.6, where do you sit in the RPM range around 65-70mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
With the slight compression bump of the DE internals I really think you should spring for a t28 from the get-go, it will be just as responsive as a t25 and have more head room. The t25 falls off so hard above 6k.
I agree, I should just go T28 and call it a day, but I think a T25 will be just fine for a bit. I have some JWT S4 cams to throw in when I do the turbo, even if the turbo is falling off up top the cams should help a bit. I'm hoping for around 250whp with a very useable midrange.

If it ends up being lame I'll probably grab an S15 T28 and see what happens.