View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #63
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Hokey So. Busy month or so, the really big news is that I am now engaged. I designed the ring myself in solidworks and with the help of the jeweller had it made up. Super excited about this

It has also been super rainy for the past couple of weeks so not much could be done.

In the spirit of Le Mans

As a recap, Nothing off the shelf would fit anywhere neatly in the bay. I had an old rectangular Greddy unit but the fittings were the wrong size for the -10 Raw Brokerage fittings I had pressed into my valvecovers.

I quickly made up a cardboard template to fit behind the passenger shock tower

Clearance to the wiper motor was extremely tight. I then designed it out of sheetmetal in solidworks and had the flat pattern waterjet cut.

Rene @ Centerline Motorsports bent and welded it up for me. Luckily he had an R32 in his shop for some work so we were able to mock up the brackets using threaded holes in the engine bay.

I hit it with a quick coat of Duplicolor Bedliner to match My brake booster and wiper motor.

Fitment is 100% on point. There is just under an 8th clearance between the wiper motor and the catchcan. I still have to make the line which goes from the catch can to the intake but making AN lines gets old really quickly so I will finish that up in the next little while.

Apart from that, My interior still looks like a disaster and I have to take the dash out again to finish looming everything up

But I did finally manage to find a set of RX7 storage bins for cheap.

Not a big update I know but I have most of the parts to finish up many aspects of the build. Clear weather this weekend means I can actually get some stuff done.

Thats all for now.

-Jordie